The new Samsung Pixon M8800 is the a truly incredible 8 megapixel camera phone, and it we are certain that it will rapidly eclipse the older Samsung Innov8, which may have been the first 8 megapixel camera to hit the stands in the UK, but its bulk and weight made it impractical for most uses. The new Samsung Pixon M8800 takes from what the Innov8 started, and compacts the various features into a new, more lightweight package.
This new camera from Samsung is absolutely phenomenal. Sure, almost everyone has a camera-phone in their back pocket these days, but we’ve all had to suffer through blurred photos whenever we try to capture action shots. The M8800 has no difficulty at all in providing clear and high-quality photos under any conditions, bringing you all the functions you could want while being smaller than the Nokia N96, measuring only 15.5mm thick, compared to the Nokie N96 18mm.
Unlike many other handsets available with touch screens, the M8800 touch screen accelerator is easy to use and highly responsible. The 3.2 inch 16 million pixel color display will provide you with excellent quality images, and can run full HD TV images as well. The Samsung Pixon M8800 is fully capable of providing for all of your entertainment demands, and plenty of films, games, pictures and music content are delivered through the new hardware and software advancements to the Samsung range.
Samsung M880 Pixon features
- Quad-band GSM, tri-band HSDPA
- 107.9×54.6×14.9mm, 110 g
- 3.2-inch touch screen display (240 x 400 pixels)
- 8 megapixel camera, auto focus, face recognition with smile detection and blink detection, WDR (wide dynamic range), ASR (advanced shake reduction), GPS geotagging, ISO 1600, WVGA (720×480 pixels) and VGA (640 x 480 pixels) @30fps video recording
- Built-in GPS receiver
- DivX playback
- FM radio with RDS
- microSD card slot
- Landscape virtual QWERTY keyboard
- Handwriting recognition
- ShoZu integration – direct image and video upload
- Office document viewer