Oregon Scientific Handheld Altimeter and Digital Compass: Know where you are and plan what you’ll do when outdoorsin Travel Gadgets 1 Comment »
Too many people underestimate the usefulness of a handheld altimeter and compass when preparing for an outdoor adventure. By simply clipping this device to your backpack, you can receive constant information regarding your compass heading, altitude, barometric pressure, 12-24 hour advanced forecast and the ambient temperature.
If you’re trying to plan your outdoor activities, this additional weather information can be invaluable. Also built in to the unit is a flashlight and EL backlight to allow for easy viewing even when your adventure takes you into the evening or darker environments.
- Displays altitude, barometric/sea level pressure, compass and current temperature readings
- Altitude range: –1312 to +29,520 feet (–400 to +9,000 meters)
- Set the sea level pressure manually to adjust for local conditions
- Displays a 12/24-hour advanced weather forecast using graphical icons: Sunny, Partly Cloudy, Cloudy and Rainy icons
- Features flashlight and EL backlight function for easy viewing in low light conditions
- 12/24-hour clock with alarm function and calendar
- Water resistant (up to 164 feet/50 meters) and shock resistant(up to 3 feet/1 meter)
- Requires two CR2032 batteries (included)